When Ayala and Yishai came home from school today, I asked them what they want for dinner. Ayala declared that it must be Falafel. Yishai wrinkled his nose and said: please make your vanilla fluffy pancake recipe!
Both children had play dates, and I only made it to the supermarket at around six pm. Yishai’s bed time is usually seven, Ayala’s is eight. The clock was ticking! I had both Falafel AND vanilla fluffy pancake recipe requests!
Yishai ran up to shower, and by the time he was downstairs- the fluffy pancakes were ready! Ayala was waiting for the baked french fries to finish in the oven before starting her falafel, since what good is falafel without delicious BAKED french fries?? Which just so happen to be just as awesome as fried fries…
Since the delicious vanilla fluffy pancakes were ready before her falafel was, she couldn’t help herself and had pancakes as well. I guess we’ll call it her appetizer…?
Anyway, dinner was ready in no time, and the kids were all in bed just about 15 minutes past bedtime. Tummy’s full and content, and ready for a good night sleep!
And… Snack time, also known as Aruchat Eser here, as well as their lunches, were no brainers. Vanilla fluffy pancakes for snack, and falafel leftovers for lunch! Baaaam!
Fluffy Vanilla Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 grams butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- In one bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix.
- In the second bowl mix eggs, vanilla extract, milk, egg and melted butter. Mix.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients from second bowl into the dry ingredients in first bowl. Mix until the ingredients turn into pancake batter. Don't worry if there are some lumps.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray, and make small pancake circles. When the pancakes form bubbles on top, flip. Leave for a few seconds, and remove.
- Enjoy your newfound yummy fluffy vanilla pancake recipe!